Sunday, October 7, 2012

October Verse a Day Challenge: Days 6 and 7


Another two day post.  I did actually think of a verse yesterday, I just didn't get a chance to post it.  :)

The theme for yesterday was "I'm thankful for..."  There are so many verses about gratitude and thanksgiving in the Bible.  That's because it's important.  :)  And I have so much to be thankful for.  But here is the verse I chose.

"giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.  For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." - Colossians 1:12-14 (NIV)

That's what we ought to be most thankful for all the time.  That God has qualified us to be apart of the Kingdom of his Beloved Son, and has chosen to redeem us from all of our sin.  I definitely take this for granted sometimes, when I shouldn't.

Ok.  Day 7.  "Light."  Wow.  So many choices for this one, too.  But as soon as I looked at the list today and saw that word, I immediately thought of this verse.

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'" - John 8:12 (NIV)

Just another thing to be thankful for.  We will never walk in darkness, because we have Jesus, the light of the world. 

I hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday!

Niki

No comments: