Monday, October 29, 2012

October Verse a Day Challenge: Days 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29.


Heh heh heh, let's not waste time on excuses.  Day 24.  "Weather."  There's a lot of verse about weather in the Bible, but I can't find the exact one I was thinking of, since I don't know the reference. This one's close.

"He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. " - Matthew 5:45 (NIV)

Day 25 was "People."

"I will say to those called ‘Not my people,’ ‘You are my people’;
and they will say, ‘You are my God.’” - Hosea 2:23b (NIV)

Day 26's theme was "Listening to."  I'm not sure if I actually ever settled on a verse for this one. 

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. " Revelation 3:20 (NIV)

The theme for day 27 was "Morning."  I thought of this verse right away.  It was very fitting, as it seems like a lot of people have been having bad stuff happening in their lives lately.

"For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning. " - Psalm 30:5 (NIV)

Yesterday's theme was "Looking back."  Well, I thought of the classic Bible story of Lot's wife.

"But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt. " - Genesis 19:26 (NIV)

And finally, today's theme.  "Moon."  And yes, I have used this verse before.  It's a good verse!

"When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him? " - Psalm 8:3-4 (NIV)

Well, there you have it.  6 day's worth of verses.  I have been finding the verses on their assigned days, I just haven't gotten around to posting them.  :)

How's your week been?

Niki

No comments: