Monday, October 15, 2012

October Verse a Day Challenge: Days 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 (Yikes!)


Oh dear.  It's been a while since I posted.  I've been kinda busy with work and stuff.  I haven't been putting together the greatest outfits, since the only place I've been going is work, and I haven't finished any of my many projects that are lying around either, so I haven't had any good post material.  But enough excuses.  Here's 5 days worth of verses.  I've found the verses (mostly) on their respective days, I just didn't get around to posting them. 

Day 11: "Something close up."

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known." - 1 Corinthians 12:13 (ESV) 

Now we see dimly, but then we'll see face to face, or close up.  :)

Day 12 was "On the table."

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows." - Psalm 23:5 (NIV)

Self-explanatory?

Day 13 = "Landscape."  This one was hard.  Probably because I was trying to find a verse right before bed.  I don't think I ever really settled on one that day, but here's one that works.

"I lift my eyes up to the hills -- where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." - Psalm 121:1-2 (NIV)

I'm sure there's plenty of verses about landscapes in the Bible, but I had a hard time thinking of one that night.  :P

Day 14's theme was "Makes you laugh."  This one was hard too.  But this Bible story is a little humorous in a weird way. 

"Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number." - 2 Kings 2:23-24

It's actually kind of horrible...but it's so random, you kind of want to laugh.  I don't know...

And finally, today's theme for day 15 is "Dinnertime."  Perhaps a verse about one of the most famous dinners of all time is in order.

"While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”  Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.  This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.  I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.” - Matthew 26:26-29 (NIV)

Well, I'll try to be more consistent this week.  :)

Niki

3 comments:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

I noticed the new favicon!!! Very nice! :)

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Niki said...

Oh, thanks! I'm glad it's working, because I actually can't see it on my computer for some reason.

Niki

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Well I uploaded a new really awesome one awhile back and it's still showing the very first favicon I uploaded...even though I completely deleted the image from my computer. It's SO annoying!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog