Monday, October 22, 2012

Liebster Blog Award



I was honored when Helen over at the Blue Eyed Beauty Blog awarded me with the Liebster Award!  It's a blog award that is given to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers.  No one really knows how it started, but it's just kind of a "Hey, nice blog!  Here's an award." type thing.  Here's the rules:

1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

Let's begin with 11 facts about myself.
1.  I'm a pretty shy and quiet person in real life.  It takes me a long time to create friendships.
2.  I love good food.  Too much, sometimes.  :)
3.  I've lived in Oregon my whole life except for 1 year when my family moved to Texas.  I was 12 or 13.
4.  I can't stand when parrots talk in movies.  Especially cartoons, because they always make the bird way too intelligent. 
5.  Monkeys scare me.  Curious George is an exception to the rule.  He's cute.  So are sock monkeys.  But most other monkeys are scary.  Especially the one with the cymbals in Toy Story 3.  Pure evil.
6.  I used to think I wanted to be a marine biologist.  The ocean has always fascinated me. I love the smell of it and I love the sound of it, and I love the animals that live in it. 
7.  I love to read.  Not many things can beat a good book.
8.  I've decided that if I had to be a villian of some kind, I would be a pirate.  Probably because they get to live on the high seas.
9.  I've never met a Disney Pixar movie I didn't like.
10.  I took piano lessons for years, but never really enjoyed it until the last year or so when I started teaching myself to play songs by just looking at the guitar chords for it.  Now I play on the worship team at my church every now and then.
11.  I don't have a favorite color, but I usually say dark red when people ask.  Like deep, blood red.  But I also love teal, purple, blue, green, grey....Actually, it's easier for me to list the colors I don't like.  Ha ha.

Now here's the 11 questions that Helen asked me.

1. Where were you born?
In Troutdale, Oregon.
2. What is your favorite hobby?
Reading.  Closely followed by sewing.
3. If you could only have five pieces of clothing in your closet what would they be (not including pajamas or undergarments)?
My gray maxi skirt, my denim jacket, a pair of jeans, a button-up shirt and a plain t-shirt.
4. Are you happy living where you do right now?
Yes.  I've only lived outside of this area once, and it was a horrible year.
5. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Getting to express myself in new ways and getting to share my projects and stuff with people who (hopefully) appreciate them.  :)
6. Have you ever gotten an award before--not just in the blogging world!-?
Blogging, no.  I've gotten a couple awards at AWANA grand prixs, though.  For style, never speed.  Ha ha.
7. Would you rather go for a walk or a run?
Walk!  I hate running!  I did track one year.  It was horrible.  I was the slowest person there.  I was always last and it felt awful.
8. How many kids do you want to have?
As many as the Lord chooses to bless me with.  :)
9. What are your favorite junk foods (3-5)?
Oh man.  Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, salt and vinegar potato chips, brownies, Cheetos and Sour Patch Kids
10. What is one odd habit you have?
Stacking our colored cups in color order in the cabinet.  Like a rainbow. 
11. (I'm continuing this one from Julie) What was your first car?
I've never had my own car, but the one I drive now is an old Dodge Caravan.  It's ugly, but it runs.  :)

My 11 questions for my nominees to answer are:

1.  If you could be any mythical creature, (unicorn, mermaid, dragon, centaur, ect.) what would you be?
2.  What is your favorite book? I know it's hard to decide, so you can list a few.  :)
3.  What did you want to be when you were little?
4.  What's your silliest fear?  I promise I'll try not to laugh.  ;)
5.  What was your favorite subject in school?
6.  Do you speak more than one language?  If so, what is it?
7.  (Continuing this question from Helen)  If you could only have 5 pieces of clothing in your closet, what would they be?  (Not including PJ's, undergarments or accessories.)
8.  Did you have a favorite toy as a child?  What was it?
9.  What's your favorite color?
10.  If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
11.  What is your favorite thing to drink?

Here's the 11 blogs I want to pass the Liebster Award on to:

1.  Green Tea
2.  Much More than the Birds
3.  On a Whim
4.  Randomly Happy
5.  Secondhand Couture
6.  Sam Rosen
7.  Wunderbar
8.  The Sheer Stories
9.  Polka Dots and Pencil Skirts
10.  My Garments of Praise
11.  Crafty Girl

Thanks again to Helen for awarding me and thanks to you for reading!

Niki

5 comments:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

My cousin just got married and now lives in Oregon!!! How cool is that?! Oh my gosh! I HATE when people ask me my favorite color cuz I don't really have one either! I usually just say red or purple though lol.

@#5 yes I appreciate what you post! :) Love your answer on #8! I feel the same way!! #9 eew weird food combo haha! #10 that is odd, but I can't really say that since I used to do the exact same thing!! #11 well, the first thing I ever drove was a 15 passenger Dodge van...so I know kind of how you feel.

Man I wanna answer your questions! haha. Great list! Congrats on the award! Can't wait to check out all the blogs you linked up!!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Niki said...

Really? Cool! And yeah, it's a hard question to answer.

And I'm glad you appreciate my posts. As for the junk food, I wouldn't eat them all at the same time. That would be gross. And it's good to know I'm not alone in my color stacking.

I wanted to answer my own questions, too! Ha ha.

Thanks for nominating me, it was fun! And you were right. It's hard to find blogs under 200 followers. :P

Niki

Unknown said...

Wow - Nikki! Thanks so much for nominating me. What a treat that you think little ol' Randomly Happy is worth this award.

Looking forward to answering your questions (they're really great) ... :)

x Elena @ Randomly Happy

Niki said...

You're totally welcome! :D

Niki

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Lol yeah and then I'd find a blog with less than 200 and they would already have the award haha... Love your answers! :)

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog