Saturday, October 20, 2012

October Verse a Day Challenge: Days 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20

 
Another catch-up post.  It's been a busy week.  I finally had a day off yesterday after working 7 and 8 hour shifts the last 3 days.  Anywhoo.

Day 16: "Something you wrote."  I wrote this verse on a piece of paper on a magnetic heart frame on my dresser so that I would remember to focus on it.  Theoretically.

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship." - Romans 12:1


Day 17 was "Fruit."

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them." - Matthew 7:15-20 (NIV)

18's theme was "Made you smile today."  Well, it was a beautiful sunny day, and the wind was blowing through the colorful fall trees.  That made me smile.

"He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth; he sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses." - Psalm 135:7 (NIV)

Yesterday's theme was "Letters."  There are lots of letters in the Bible.  Most of the New Testament is made up of letters to churches or individuals.  I've always loved the little personal greetings at the ends of some of them and the other things that remind you that it was a real letter written by a real person.  


"See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!" - Galatians 6:11 (NIV)


And finally, today's theme is "4 o'clock."  Nothing came to mind right away, so I did a quick Google search, and lo and behold!

"Come and see," he said. It was about four o'clock in the afternoon when they went with him to the place where he was staying, and they remained with him the rest of the day." - John 1:39 (NLT)

I intended do a post last night, but the internet stopped working.  Ugh.  Anyway, I hope you are all doing well and enjoying this lovely October that is flying by all too quickly.  :)

Niki

No comments: