Sunday, September 9, 2012

Where's the Party?


The party dress.  You probably have one lurking in the back of your closet too.  The dress that you love, but feels a little too formal for regular wear.  And if you're like me, you don't get invited to fancy parties every weekend.  But I wasn't content to let this dress languish in the closet.  It hasn't fit me for a while, but now that I've lost some weight I was eager to wear it again.  I decided I would find a way to casual-afie it.  (I actually bought two of the exact same dress a while back because they were only like $10 each.  The other one's purple.  So that's double the reason to find a casual way to wear them, right?)
 
Here's what I came up with:


I broke the unwritten rules of fashion blogging (ha!) and wore the scarf-vest again.  When I find something that works and that I like, I wear it a lot.  I don't think that's a problem.  :)    I think strapless dresses can feel a little formal sometimes, so the scarf-vest helped with that and made this outfit more church-appropriate.  I wore my trusty blue flats, but you could go even more casual with some canvas tennies if you wanted.  That's what I would do if I was going on errands or something instead of to church. 
 
So what do you think?  Have I inspired you to give your party dress a second chance?
 
Niki
 
Dress: Romy (super cute store, by the way, if you live in the area)  Scarf: gift.  Shoes: thrifted

No comments: