This is a list of things I would love to thrift/refashion/somehow aquire for this fall. These are not needs, merely wants. There is a big difference. And obviously, thrifting/refashioning would be ideal, but I might cave and buy some of these items new for my "I've reached my goal weight" shopping trip. :)
1. More cardigans and sweaters! Comfy, cozy and cute. I'd love to have a mustard yellow one, though I'm not sure how it would look with my complexion.
2. Colored jeans. I really want a pair of colored skinnies. I've seen several ways to make them yourself, but my experiences with dye thus far have not left me extremely optimistic. So I might have to buy them new, since I've never seen any at the thrift stores.
3. A plaid flannel shirt, preferably red. I could possibly refashion one from a men's shirt.
4. A plain white tee. Simply because I don't own one, and I have lots of colored/patterned skirts that I need a plain shirt to wear with.
5. A denim jacket or the perfect denim/chambray shirt.
6. Oxfords. So cute.
7. Non-furry boots. The boots I have have fur around the edges, so I'd love a pair without.
8. A pair of jeans that fit me well. Maybe skinny, maybe not.
9. Extra number. Oops.
10. Lace. Plain lace fabric, preferably, but maybe a lace shirt, skirt or dress.
11. Lace-up ankle boots. Like the ones they wear in Little House on the Prairie.
12. This one's just silly, and not really specific for fall. A fedora. I've seen so many pictures of people looking incredibly cute in them that I want to try one. If I can find one that fits my head. I sometimes have a hard time finding hats that fit.
So there you have it. Some of the things on my wishlist for fall and winter.
And a question for my readers. Would any of you be interested in a post or series of posts about transitioning your summer clothes into fall? Please let me know your thoughts, or any particular clothing items you would like to see featured. Thanks!