Sunday, August 12, 2012

What I Wore: The Working Class




Button-up:  Old Navy.  Skirt:  Old Navy (clearance!)  Belt: a gift.  Shoes: thrifted. 

Some days, I have a hard time finding something to wear to work.  I can't wear jeans, shorts, tank tops or sandals, so it's difficult to find outfits that work for summer.  The building is air conditioned, but I still feel weird wearing a cardigan over a sleeveless shirt.  Cardigans in the summer just feel wrong.  I also have to be careful about skirt length, since bending over is a regular part of my job.  But enough complaining.  I was pretty happy about the outfit I put together today.  It was comfortable and cute.  I always forget how much I like this pink button up shirt.  It has a sweet but subtle floral print.  And this skirt is one of my favorite go-to clothing items.  I've had it for a few years now and I still love it.  My hair was a mess today though.  I really need a haircut.  :)  What do you think?  Do you have any dress code restrictions where you work? 

Niki

1 comment:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

I love the skirt, again! :) And then of course I saw it was from Old Navy, my all time favorite clothing store... :) :)

I used to work at Old Navy. There really weren't a lot of restrictions, but we couldn't wear flip flops/sandals. I found me a pair of white canvas shoes at Payless which I wore with almost all of my outfits. They were comfortable, cute, and went with so many great outfits!

Oh, and the cardigans in summer thing...I wear cardigans all year round! In the summer I either roll the sleeves up to my elbows OR I look for/wear cardigans with cropped sleeves. Plus you can wear them open over a tank top. And if you're in air conditioning it's almost a perfect mix, especially for me since I get cold so easily.

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog