Monday, August 13, 2012

What I Wore: Monday, Monday...

 Hi! How was your Monday? Mine was fine for the most part. I was a little mopey this afternoon for whatever reason. Actually, to be completely honest, it was probably mainly because I realized I wasn't going to be able to go to the county fair this year. I go every year, so it made me a little sad. I love the fair and it feels like work is eating up my social life. But, in this economy, I am very thankful to have a job, even if it only pays minimum wage. ;)

So now, onto what I wore today.  It was nice and warm here in Oregon today, so for most of the day, I just wore a skort and tank top.  I added the button up to make myself presentable for work.  Let me tell you the story of this shirt.  Today is actually the first time I've worn it.  I had been wanting a denim or chambray shirt for a while, so when I saw this men's shirt at Salvation Army, I snatched it up.  However, I didn't exactly know what to do with it.  Two days ago I decided just to take in the sleeves a little, since the shirt mostly fit anyway.  After altering it,  I still didn't know exactly how to style it.  I'm still playing around with it, but today I decided to knot it at the bottom and I really liked the result. 
 (Do you like my "Wow, there's something really entertaining on the ceiling" picture?  ;D  )
 Don't be fooled.  That hairclip is not for decoration only.  It's keeping my hair from slipping out of the braid.  :) 

Well, that's all for now.  Hope you had a lovely Monday.  I will see you soon. 

Niki

Skort: Kohl's.  Striped tank: an H&M in Austria!  For reals.  Chambray shirt: thrifted.  Flats: thrifted.  Hair clip: Claire's.

No comments: