Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Little Bit 90s

 

 (Please ignore the very puffy hair.  I desperately need a haircut!)
 
I knew I wanted to wear this skirt to church on Sunday, because it's been sitting in my closet for a while without being worn.  It's a super fun reversible wrap skirt, but sometimes I can't figure out what to wear with it.  I decided black was a safe choice for shirt color, but it still needed something.  On a whim, I tried my denim vest over the top with a belt.  The result was a little unusual, but I liked it!  The oversized denim seems a little 90s, but hey, I am a 90's kid after all!  ;)

Niki

P.S. Sorry for the overdue post, but we've been having computer problems.  One of them being that I can't seem to find a time when my brother isn't using the computer!  Ha ha.

Skirt: a little shop in a little town whose name I can't recall.  Vest: refashion.  Black shirt: Old Navy.  Tights: Marshalls.  Shoes: Payless Shoes.  Belt: stolen from my grandma. :)  Hair: Winter frizziness.

7 comments:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

I thought your hair looked gorgeous! I hope you're not planning to cut it off?! It's too pretty!! :)

I really like the skirt in your outfit!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

P.S. Are you interested in a blog makeover? I'm trying to have 5 done by the end of February. I have 1 almost done, another close, and one coming from a giveaway I'm helping host next month...so that leaves me two more slots and I'd love to help you with yours if you'd be interested! Email me: hjd_21@yahoo.com

Niki said...

Oh thanks! And no, I'm not going to do any significant chopping, it just needs to be trimmed and thinned out a little. :) And yes, I'll email you about the blog makeover. :)

Niki

Sincerely, Kinsey said...

Such a cute outfit! You look absolutely lovely, Niki. This is a great look for you.

Hope you a wonderful weekend!

xo

Kinsey

ps- You have beautiful hair ;)

Niki said...

Thank you, Kinsey! You're so sweet. :)

Niki

Little Tree Vintage said...

cute! love that vest

Unknown said...

Niki, this looks so great! I love the combination and would ever have thought to do something like this. Thanks for the inspiration!

x Elena @ Randomly Happy

Niki said...

Thanks, Elena! I hadn't ever thought of it either. :)

Niki