Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Cat Sweater, and Other Thrifted Things

I've been thrifting.  Big surprise there, huh?  You know it's bad when you visit the same thrift shop two days in a row because they had to close the first time before you were done looking around.  I had no idea they were closing or I would have left sooner...or not grabbed so many things to try on...heh heh heh... I wanted to wear a disguise when I went back the next day.  Fortunately, I don't think they recognized me as the crazy thrifting girl.
 
Anyway, here are a few of my finds from the last few weeks:
 
 
Awesome purple boots that were the tag color of the day at Goodwill.  Score!  I've worn them quite a bit already.  I'm sure they'll surface in an outfit post soon.
 
 
You can never have too many pieces of classic literature on your shelves.  I've already finished Lord of the Flies (it was weird...) and I'm working on Kidnapped.  These were 99 cents each at Goodwill.
 

Fabric remnants for 50 cents each.  I'm a fabric hoarder...

 
A big men's shirt, ready to be remade into something cute and girly.
 

A scarf.  I probably have too many already, but I don't have a blue and yellow one!


This is a cat sweater.  In all its jingle bell glory.  Yes, it has a real jingle bell sewn to one of the cat's necks.  It's a little noisy.  This was a weird purchase, because I don't know if I'd ever wear it out of the house, but it's so funny!  I took a picture of it on my first thrifting trip, showed it to my brother, and he said it was awesome and that I should have gotten it, so I did when I went back the next day.  Thus is the saga of the cat sweater.

What about you?  Have you had any successful shopping trips lately?

Niki

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Niki!
I just want to let you know that I "tagged" you in this little blog award / writing game thing...

There is, of course, no pressure to write a post about it if you don't have the time or desire, but I just thought I'd let you know! :)

I hope you're having a wonderful day.

mispapelicos said...

I love and want your gorgeous cat sweater, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Niki said...

Thanks, Natalie! I'll try to participate. :)

Sacramento: It is pretty great. :) Thanks for dropping by!

Niki