Monday, January 7, 2013

I have returned!

Hello friends!  December is over and life can resume again.  Yikes.  It was a crazy month, and I feel like it's finally my Christmas break, even though Christmas is over.  My work schedule is much less busy and I should be able to get back into sewing, crafting, blogging and thinking up cute outfits.  Yay! 
 
So, you've all probably seen posts where someone takes an outfit they've found on Pinterest or somewhere else, and tries to recreate it with their own clothes.  It's such fun!  And that's what I did when I came up with this outfit a couple weeks ago.  I saw this picture on Pinterest, (original source) and liked the idea of the denim vest over the comfy cozy sweater.  I didn't immediately recreate the look, but I remembered it, and tried it out a couple days later.  I think my version turned out pretty cute!  That's always a good feeling.
 
The Pinterest version:
 
My version:
 

 
If you were looking closely, you might have noticed the little camera shutter trigger in my hand.  I finally got one, and I must say, it makes self portraits/outfit photos so much easier!  I don't have to keep running back and forth to the camera!  I haven't gotten the knack of hiding it in my hand yet, but that'll come.  ;)
 
Well, I look forward to rejoining the wonderful world of blogging.  See you again soon!
 
Niki

Sweater: thrifted.  Denim vest: refashioned.  Jeans: thrifted. Green tank: Old Navy.  Scarf and Necklace: Claire's.  Turban/headband: gift.  Boots: Nordstrom Rack.


4 comments:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Aww!! That's adorable! and I'm SO SO SO glad you're back because I've missed your beautiful self!

I wanted to let you know that I'm looking for guest bloggers over at Blue Eyed Beauty Blog for the month of February! If you're interested you can find more details here: http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2013/01/guest-bloggers-wanted.html

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
Exercise Encouragement Group Blog

Unknown said...

Hi Niki!
I found your blog shortly after you posted your "MIA" post, and have read several of your previous posts now. From your writing it sounds like you have such a kind spirit with just the right amount of spunk. ;) I'm glad you've returned to the world of blogging and I'm happy to begin following you!
Happy 2013!

~Natalie

(Oh, and just in case it doesn't link up by default, you can find me at www.inchaptertwenty.com)

Niki said...

Thanks to both of you for making me feel welcomed back. :D

Natalie: I'm so glad you found my blog, and thank you for the kind words. It's nice to "meet" you!

Helen: Thanks for making me feel missed. That's encouraging. :) And yes, I may be interested in guest posting in February! I'll let you know!

Niki

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Awesome!! I seriously hope you'll take me up on this since it'd be a great opportunity for you & you'd gain some exposure for your blog while you're at it!!!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
Exercise Encouragement Group Blog