Thursday, May 2, 2013

Europe Adventures: Part 1

First of all, a huge, huge thank you to Helen for doing a blog makeover for me!  Doesn't it look fantastic?  I love it!  Be sure to check out her blog and tell her how talented she is.  ;)  Thank you ever so much, Helen!

I promised you I would share picture of my trip to Europe, so here is the first batch.  Most of these are from our first destination, the beautiful, but tiny, country of Slovenia.  We have a friend who lives there as a missionary, and we got to stay with her for 2 nights.  I have been to Slovenia before, so it was exciting to reconnect with a few friends and experience some of the same places again with my mom.


Boats on Lake Bled, Slovenia

 A Slovene bookstore

This picture is actually from Vittorio Veneto, Italy, but I wanted to share it because I already had it edited.

 The Dragon Bridge, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Drawbridge of Postojna Castle, Slovenia

Flags of the European Union, Slovenia and the city of Ljubljana

The church on the island in the middle of Lake Bled, Slovenia

 Ljubljana, Slovenia

This is the "Lock Bridge" in Ljubljana.

 Couples attach a lock to the bridge, then throw the key into the river to symbolize their love.

I love the color of that big lock.

Postojna Castle, Slovenia.  It's built into a cave!



 
A shrine in Venice, Italy.  I took several pictures of different shrines on our trip.  I don't know why, but they fascinate me.  You find them all sorts of places, built into walls.  Who puts them there?
 
Swan swimming in Lake Bled


I should be putting up more pictures as I get them edited.   I took over 2000 photos, so picking my favorites and editing them is no small task.  But it's fun to relive memories each time I open a photo.  This trip was such a wonderful experience and I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to go. 

See you around!  And I really am just so excited about my new blog design!!!

Niki

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm looking forward to more! :) (And fun blog redesign too.)

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

You're welcome dear!! I made a few more changes today. There's only a few left to go!! :)

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Niki said...

Thanks, Natalie. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more pictures up soon. It's been a crazy couple of weeks.

Helen, thanks again for all your hard work! :)

Niki

Niki said...

Nini,

That is so cool! I love your country and have been blessed to travel there three times. Slovenia will always have a piece of my heart. :)

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I enjoyed looking at your blog as well!

Niki

Unknown said...

WOW ... Love the Lock bridge ... Thanks for sharing
Dolores from IL